Many employees dread their one-on-one performance meetings, but oftentimes that is due to feeling that they have no voice, are misunderstood, or that management doesn’t really care. This is a waste of time for a company all around. So how can you make sure these meetings are fruitful not only for your employees but management as well? Realize these meetings have a great purpose. This is not only time for top-down communication, but also communication from the bottom-up. Your employee should be allowed and encouraged to express their highlights and lowlights, what they believe is or isn’t working, and what their goals and desires are of themselves and their roles. People want and need to feel valued and are the heart of every organization. Make sure your company is taking advantage of these tips to make your meetings more productive and meaningful for everyone.
Have you ever worked on a dysfunctional team? Morale and production are usually pretty low and watercooler chatter tends to only kindle the negative environment. It’s not enjoyable for anyone and is detrimental to a company. Luckily, with a little TLC, teams can turn from lackluster to brilliant functioning units. Check out these 10 ways to make your team stronger and more successful than ever.
According to Gallop, millennial employee engagement is at a dismal 30%. They define engagement by an employee’s enthusiasm and commitment to their work. That means the other 70% of employees are either not engaged or actively disengaged. Those are pretty staggering figures, and those figures have a direct impact on the success of their corresponding workplaces. What can companies do to change this? The company-employee interaction must change for the better if workplaces want to save hard earned revenue from being wasted by constant turnover and less than fruitful work hours. Check out the infographic below describing the major contributors to employee satisfaction.